Assignment #6 Polar opposites



My version of polar opposites is new and old. I used my grandma's and my brother's hand. They are both holding something to represent a very important aspect of their lives. My grandma loves to cook, therefore she is holding a stirring spoon, even if it is hard to tell what it is. My brother loves baseball, therefore he is holding a baseball bat. New and old is not the only opposite I show through these images. My grandma and brother are very different. Gender and age are two obvious differences. My grandma had a different childhood than my brother, different things that are important to them. My brother loves sports, friends, and our family. My grandma grew up in Peru, which shows an obvious difference in her childhood than my brother's. She grew up near the Amazon rainforest, she had different hobbies, a different family dynamic. Though they seem to be so different, they are family, and family loves one another. When I first thought of opposites, I had a hard time finding something I wanted to photograph. I knew I wanted to do something relating to old and new, maybe cars, cameras, members of a family. At first, I wanted to photograph my dad's 1969 Shelby and a newer car. Before I had the chance to photograph it, he took it into the shop for some work, so I knew I wouldn't be able to use that. Then I thought of using hands to show opposites. I think that I executed my idea pretty well. If I could change something, I would have taken the picture of my grandma's hand in the kitchen, but it was pretty dark in it. I think that the photos came out very well and I am very happy with my final product.

Comments

  1. Very nice - I like the composition very much and you written explanation is well done. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

History of Photography video (Photo II)